Recipe of Speedy Congee for the Instant Pot
Hey everyone, I hope you’re having an incredible day today. Today, I will show you a way to make a special dish, congee for the instant pot. It is one of my favorites food recipes. This time, I’m gonna make it a bit tasty. This is gonna smell and look delicious.
Congee for the Instant Pot is one of the most well liked of current trending meals on earth. It’s easy, it is quick, it tastes yummy. It’s appreciated by millions every day. Congee for the Instant Pot is something that I have loved my entire life. They are nice and they look wonderful.
To begin with this particular recipe, we have to first prepare a few ingredients. You can cook congee for the instant pot using 10 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you can achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Congee for the Instant Pot:
- Take Jasmine rice (using standard 250 ml cup) (or white rice)
- Take cold water (using standard 250 ml cup)
- Prepare – 6 chicken drumsticks (or chicken thighs)
- Make ready small onion finely chopped/diced
- Get ginger, minced or puréed
- Get Garlic - 2 or more cloves minced
- Prepare Green onions for garnish
- Prepare Salt (to taste)
- Make ready shredded cabbage (SAVE THIS until the very end) this also can be optional
- Take Optional: serve with peanuts, crispy garlic, see notes below
Steps to make Congee for the Instant Pot:
- Rinse 173g (3/4 standard cup) of rice in the pot under cold water by gently scrubbing the rice with your fingertips in a circling motion. Pour out the milky water, and continue to rinse until water is clear. Drain well. Peel onion and run under cold water so that if the onion is sharp it will not sting your eyes as much when you dice it.
- Add finely chopped onion, minced ginger, minced garlic (I use a pampered chef to assist in my chopping as I am horrible with knives), 5-6 chicken drumsticks and 6.5 - 7 cups of cold water (using standard 250 ml cup) into the pot. Do not add salt at this point. (The ratio is 1 cup rice to 9 - 9.75 cups of water)
- Close the lid on the instant pot and cook at high pressure for 30 minutes. Then do a Natural Release in the Instant Pot.
- Open the lid carefully. The congee will look watery at this point. At this point, you could add the optional 2-3 cups cabbage. Stir in the shredded cabbage - it will wilt down and cook enough from the residual heat in the pot.
- Heat up the pot (Instant Pot: press Sauté button), stir until desired thickness & consistency. Season with salt.
- If needed, use tongs and fork to separate the chicken meat from the bones (they literally fall off the bone) and remove the chicken bones and skin (if desired). It is better to use chicken or meat with the bone in for nutrients and flavour but it is not a deal breaker if you do not.
- Remove congee from heat and garnish with green onions. You can serve immediately. Please see notes for ideas of what to serve with congee.
- Notes - You can easily customize the congee by adding toppings like crispy garlic, fried shallots, roasted salted peanuts, soy sauce, fish sauce, etc
- Keeps well in the fridge for up to 5 days. Reheat in a 350F oven or in a pot on the stovetop.
So that’s going to wrap this up for this exceptional food congee for the instant pot recipe. Thanks so much for your time. I am sure you will make this at home. There’s gonna be more interesting food at home recipes coming up. Remember to bookmark this page on your browser, and share it to your loved ones, friends and colleague. Thanks again for reading. Go on get cooking!